Thursday 5 February 2009

This little piggy...

Remember those pineapple tarts I mentioned in an earlier post? Well, I discovered some pineapple "jam" and pastry left in Mum's freezer so I decided to use them up before they find themselves forgotten and part of the deep polar cavern of her age-weathered icebox.

I was going to make the pineapple tarts the traditional way but after watching an episode of The Little Einsteins with my nephew, I decided to shape them into the faces of little pigs instead.

Although I would love to share my Mum's recipe with you, I am afraid I can't. Sorry. But if you feel spirited enough to spend a few hours stirring hand-grated fresh pineapples and stamping out a few dozen shortbread cases, you may find a similar recipe here. Or you might like to try a simpler version like this one here.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want this recipe, it's here:

http://figur8.net/wedding/2009/02/05/recipe-pineapple-logs/

I figured I'd better record it since your brother, no doubt, will want me to make it for him again...

Unknown said...

Cute little piggies! Good idea :)